This article outlines how to use Handbrake, a video converting software, to compress a video on a Mac computer.
Stage 1 – Install Handbrake'
- Click the Handbrake website download page
- Select MAC OS
- Download will start automatically *You do not need to fill out the form.*
- When downloaded, Run the Installer
Stage 2 – Compress Videos
- Open Program
- Click on "Source" to select the source video file you want to encode. The selected file will appear next to "Source".
- Select the destination folder and file name (click on "Browse")
- Check off Web optimized
- Click on the "Start" button in order to start the compression process.
The compression process will start. The progress will be shown at the the bottom of the screen.
When done, the following screen will appear:
The original video which was 48 minutes and 3.91gb reduced to 500mb.