This article will show you how to download Hanbrake and then use it to compress videos.
Stage 1 – Install Handbrake
- Click the Handbrake website download page
- Select your version of Windows
- Download will start automatically *You do not need to fill out the form*
- When downloaded, Run the Installer
Stage 2 – Using Handbrake
- Open program
- Click Source > Open File to select the video you want to compress.
- In Handbrake, under Destination you can decide where the compressed file is saved by clicking Browse. By default, it is saved in the same folder where the original file is. You can change to other location if necessary.
- For Output Settings, choose Mp4 if it is not selected and select Web Optimized.
Click on Video and make sure that H.264(X264) is selected.
Click Start to compress the video. The green Start button will become red Stop button until the compression is complete. When it is back to green you are ready to view the compressed video. The original video file was reduced from 39.0MB to 4.40MB. The compressing process for this small file took around 20 seconds. If it is a very large file, it can take much longer to compress.