This article explains how to access your Active Directory files from your iPad. This process will require an application called 'FileBrowser' available in the app store (costs $4.99 at the time of this publication).
1. If you are connecting from off campus, you'll need to connect to the NYU VPN first. Please follow the setup and connecting guide for VPN below. If you're on campus you an skip to 'Connecting the drive' below.
2. VPN Setup
- On your ipad, open Settings>General >Network
- Select 'Add VPN Configuration'
- Select 'IPSec'
- Enter the following information:
- Description: NYUVPN
- Server: vpn.nyu.edu
- Account: Your NYU netid
- Group Name: nyu-vpn
- Secret: nyu-net
- When complete, click Save
3. Connecting to VPN
- On your iPad, open Settings
- Select the VPN toggle to switch to 'On'
- At the VPN Connection prompt, enter your NYU password
- Select 'Ok'
- Confirm the Welcome screen by selecting 'Ok'
4. Connecting the drive
- Install the App 'FileBrowser'
- Open FileBrowser
- Select the 'Menu' button at the top left
- Select the + sign and enter the details below:
- Select 'PC'
- In the Address Field, enter \\stein002-wfs-v.ad.nyu.edu\data\SE01NFPVDATA01
- In the Display Name, enter a short name for this connection such as "NYU files"
- In the User Name, it is recommended to leave this as default which will prompt you for your netid each time you connect
- In the Password, it is recommended to leave this as default which will prompt you for your password each time you connect
- Select 'Done' in the top right of the screen
- Select 'Save' in the top right of the screen