Step 1: Prepare to send in Docusign
Navigate to the Agreement record page and click "Send with Docusign" on the right hand side of the screen (below the status bar).
You will only see this button once you have confirmed with Global Affairs that the Agreement is Non-NYU/Edited Agreement. Make sure to Chatter Global if you do not see the button.
For assistance on navigating to the Agreement page, see the How do I find details on Accounts/Contacts/Agreements article.
You will update 4 areas in order to send the Non-NYU/Edited Agreement:
- Documents- This is where you will add the new file
- Recipients- This is where you will add the signers and the order of signers
- Message to All Recipients
Step 2: Add Non-NYU/Edited Agreement File
Hover over the Add Document picklist and click Attachments and Files in order to add the new Agreement to be signed.
- You will see a list of available files to add. If your finalized edited or Non-NYU agreement is already in Steinforce and attached to the Agreement, you can check the box to add and click Save.
- If your edited or Non-NYU agreement is not in Steinforce, click the Add Attachment button.
You will be brought to a Steinforce page to upload your file from your desktop. Follow the steps to upload the document to Steinforce.
Your new file will then be available to select and Save.
Step 3: Add Recipients and Signing Order
Hover over the Add Recipient picklist to add people to sign the Agreement. There are three types of people you can add:
- Contacts- External contacts (site supervisors, administrators, etc.) that are already Steinforce Contacts.
- Users- Internal Steinforce users (Global Affairs, other Experiential Learning users) that are already Steinforce Users.
- Quick Add- External contacts that are not listed in Steinforce. You will need their name and email address to add.
Select Contact to add the Site Contact to sign.
- Search the Contact's full name as listed in Steinforce (for example, you could not just search Sally for Sally Supervisor).
- Select the Contact you wish to add
- Click Next
- Select Recipient Type. If you would like the person to sign, keep Signer selected.
- Select the Signer Role. This will determine where in the signing process and how the signer is referred to in Docusign. Always select Site Signer 1 or Additional Signer for an external Contact.
- Click Save Recipient.
Once the Contact is saved as a Signer, select Users to add Global Affairs' Zack Klim to sign for Steinhardt.
- Search Zack Klim
- Select Zack from the list of Users
- Click Next
- Select Zack's Recipient Type as a Signer
- Change Zack's Recipient Type to NYU Steinhardt Signer 2
- Click Save Recipient
Update the order of the signers for the Agreement. Unless requested, have the Site Contact listed as 1 in the order and Zack/Steinhardt listed as 2.
If the organization asked for Steinhardt to sign first, you can switch the signing order.
If you have additional users, you can add them as you did the first Contact, making sure to give them each a unique signing role and place in the signing order. The signing process allows for up to 5 users.
Step 4: Review Message to Recipients and Reminders
There is a default message to all recipients who will sign the Non-NYU/Edited Agreement. If you have any edits to the language, you can edit it here.
- Click Send automatic reminders to make sure your signers do not forget about the Agreement. You can choose however many days after the initial email they will get a reminder and how often they will continue to receive them.
- If you would like your Agreement to expire if the signers do not sign by a certain time frame, select Expire Envelope. Since the agreements periods are unknown, this is not a necessary step.
Click Next to move to the Agreement document.
Step 5: Place Fields in the Docusign Agreement
On the left hand side of the Docusign Agreement, there are a list of drag and drop fields to add to the Agreement. These fields are color-coded by signer and only a few are required to send the Agreement.
For example, in this Agreement, anything in Yellow will be completed/signed by Sally Supervisor and anything in Blue will be completed/signed by Zack Klim.
- Select which signer's fields you want to drag and drop into the agreement.
- Drag and drop the Signature field on the Signature line of the Agreement and the Date Signed field on the Date line.
- If the Agreement asks for other fields to be completed such as Name, Company, or Title, drag and drop those on to the corresponding lines.
Here is an example of Sally Supervisor's fields in a Non-NYU Agreement.
Here is an example of Sally Supervisor's fields dropped onto an edited NYU Agreement.
Repeat the process for the other signers.
Non-NYU Agreement example for Zack Klim.
Since Zack's information is already in the NYU Agreement, you would only have to drag and drop Signature and Date Signed.
It's very possible that if you are using an edited NYU Agreement that these fields, as well as the Site Contact's fields, will already be in the document. If this is the case, you do not have to add them again.
After you have added all of the fields to the Agreement, click the Send button on the upper right hand corner of the page.