Step 1: Confirm that Site Declines the NYU Steinhardt Agreement
If a site chooses to decline the NYU Affiliation Agreement and you have already sent it, they should click the Decline button on the upper right hand corner of the Agreement.
Alternatively, if a site emails you rather than clicking the button, skip to Step X.
When the Site Contact clicks Decline, they are then prompted with the above screen. They should click Continue to provide a reason why they declined the Agreement.
If they click Finish Later and email you separately, skip to Step X.
The Site Contact will then provide a reason for declining to sign the Agreement and click Decline to Sign.
You will then receive an email informing you that the Site Contact declined to sign the Agreement.
Once the Site Contact declines the to sign, Steinforce will also be updated that they declined and the reason why they declined. These values will clear once the Agreement is resent and signed.
Step 2: Download the Original NYU Agreement
On the Steinforce Agreement page, click the Send/Download NYU Agreement button on the top right of the page.
For assistance on navigating to the Agreement page, see the How do I find details on Accounts/Contacts/Agreements article.
Similar to sending the original NYU Agreement, you will need to select the appropriate fields to Download the Agreement.
- Select the Site Contact from the Agreement
- Select the type of Agreement to Download
- Select Word Doc to Download
- If you would like to attach the file to the Agreement, leave the box checked, otherwise unselect the box
- Click Run
Your Word Doc Download will then generate with the name "Account Name-Agreement Name." Click the name of the file if you would like to Download directly to your desktop.
On the left hand side of the page, click Back to Agreement to return to the Agreement record page.
Step 3: Email the Word Doc Agreement to the Site
On the right hand side of the page, scroll down to the Activities section.
- Click the Email tab
- Enter the name of the person you would like to email in the To field. If they are already a contact in Steinforce, the system will suggest contacts to email.
- Click the Template icon to insert the default Steinhardt language on editing agreements
Select the NYU Steinhardt Affiliation Agreement for Edits template. You can edit the language once you select it, if you would like.
- Attach the Word Doc Agreement that you just created.
- Click Send to email the Site Contact
After the initial email, you will communicate with the contact via email as you normally would and then log emails in Steinforce via Gmail for Lightning or by logging directly in Steinforce. For details on logging emails, please see the How do I log emails in Steinforce article.
Logging emails will allow you and your peers to see why the changes were made and how to mitigate them in the future.
Step 4: Chatter Others on the Edits
Once the Site Contact responds with any edits, Chatter Global Affairs to let them review the edits. You should only Chatter Global Affairs, rather than emailing them any edits.
- Type @ and then the person you would like to Chatter (in this case Allison Michaud) just like you would in any other social media with a note about the edited document.
- Attach the edited file that the Site Contact provided you via email.
- Click the Share button.
When you Chatter at a user, they will receive an email notification with the details of your message.
Global Affairs will Chatter back to you with any updates to the Agreement until an edited Agreement is finalized.
Once you have approval from Global Affairs to send the agreement, you can send it via Docusign. For details on sending, please see How do I send a Non-NYU or Edited Agreements?