Step 1: Prepare to send in Docusign
Navigate to the Agreement record page and click "Send with Docusign" on the right hand side of the screen (below the status bar).
You will only see this button once you have confirmed with Global Affairs that the Agreement is ready to sign. Make sure to Chatter Global if you do not see the button.
For assistance on navigating to the Agreement page, see the How do I find details on Accounts/Contacts/Agreements article.
You will update 4 areas in order to send the Non-NYU/Edited Agreement:
- Documents- This is where you will add the new file
- Recipients- This is where you will add the Global signer
- Message to Recipient
Step 2: Add Non-NYU/Edited Agreement File
Hover over the Add Document picklist and click Attachments and Files in order to add the new Agreement to be signed.
- You will see a list of available files to add. If your finalized edited or Non-NYU agreement is already in Steinforce and attached to the Agreement, you can check the box to add and click Save.
- If your edited or Non-NYU agreement is not in Steinforce, click the Add Attachment button.
You will be brought to a Steinforce page to upload your file from your desktop. Follow the steps to upload the document to Steinforce.
Your new file will then be available to select and Save.
Step 3: Add Global Recipient
Hover over the Add Recipient picklist to add Global to sign the Agreement.
Since the site has already signed this agreement, select the "Users" recipient type to add the Global Signer.
- Search Zack Klim
- Select Zack from the list of Users
- Click Next
- Select Zack's Recipient Type as a Signer
- Change Zack's Recipient Type to NYU Steinhardt Signer
- Click Save Recipient
Step 4: Review Message to Recipient and Reminders
There is a default message to all recipients who will sign the Non-NYU/Edited Agreement. If you have any edits to the language, you can edit it here.
- Click Send automatic reminders to make sure your signers do not forget about the Agreement. You can choose however many days after the initial email they will get a reminder and how often they will continue to receive them.
- If you would like your Agreement to expire if the signers do not sign by a certain time frame, select Expire Envelope. Since the agreements periods are unknown, this is not a necessary step.
Click Next to move to the Agreement document.
Step 5: Place Fields in the Docusign Agreement
On the left hand side of the Docusign Agreement, there are a list of drag and drop fields to add to the Agreement.
- Select the fields you want to drag and drop into the agreement.
- Drag and drop the Signature field on the Signature line of the Agreement and the Date Signed field on the Date line.
- If the Agreement asks for other fields to be completed such as Name, Company, or Title, drag and drop those on to the corresponding lines.
Here is an example of Zack's fields dropped onto an edited NYU Agreement.
Since Zack's information is already in the NYU Agreement, you would only have to drag and drop Signature and Date Signed.
It's very possible that if you are using an edited NYU Agreement that these fields, as well as the Site Contact's fields, will already be in the document. If this is the case, you do not have to add them again.
Here's an example of a Non-NYU Agreement example for Zack Klim.
After you have added all of the fields to the Agreement, click the Send button on the upper right hand corner of the page.